Land Use / Open Space
Our Land Use / Open Space Committee advocates a balance between economic development and environmental quality through smart growth strategies. Projects and issues focus on open space and connectivity as part of a regional trails system, desert preservation, infill development and pedestrian-oriented design, all toward the ultimate goal of building more livable, walkable and sustainable communities.
- Communities should promote and utilize strategies to promote infill and limit growth at the edge of urban communities.
- Communities should develop vision and character that conserve and maintain their ‘sense of place.’
- Planning decisions should preserve or conserve the state's natural environment.
- Promote planning and design that improves the sustainability and livability.
- Promote regional and statewide planning and coordination.
- Provide and increase open space and recreational opportunities.
- Encourage environmental quality through smart growth strategies while focusing on economic development.